Our 8 Favorite Wedding Trends for 2017
8 Bold Wedding Trends for 2017
Each year, weddings seem to get bigger, bolder and even more beautiful. Here, we’ll break down our 8 favorite wedding trends for 2017, from off-the-shoulder dresses to silent discos. You might expect to see some of these ideas incorporated in upcoming weddings!:
1. Eye-catching invites: Why not have a bit of fun with your invites? Creativity is key with wedding invites in 2017, with 3-D invites, bold colors, included puzzles and even glow-in-the-dark ink.
2. Saying “no” to neutrals: Neutrals like tan/blush have been a popular choice for brides over the past few years, but more brides are shucking neutrals for bright, eye-catching wedding colors like green and purple.
3. Off-the-shoulder dresses: Much like the spring/summer fashion trend with women’s tops, the off-the-shoulder wedding gown look adds a touch of romance to 2017 dresses.
4. Dangling décor: Instead of decorating from bottom to top, many brides want their guests looking up for an extra “wow” factor. This trend includes hanging greenery, cloth drapery, chandeliers and more.
5. Interactive food/gift bars: This year, brides are opting to involve guests as much as possible by adding interactive elements. This could include a fun self-serve food bar, or a place where out-of-town guests can collect some goodies for their stay.
6. Portrait studios: A twist on traditional photo booths, portrait or illustration booths can give guests a memorable favor to take home.
7. Image mapping: Image mapping can project an image on cake or a ceremony site, transforming the look and feel of an otherwise bland object. Turn a church into a tropical oasis or a winter wonderland!
8. The ‘surprise’ element: This year, brides are upping the ante with unexpected touches, such as exotic animals, silent discos, aerialists, and ballerinas. This trend allows couples to incorporate their passions into their wedding.
with love & style from: Sandy D. (bridal blogger extraordinaire)
(photos from Pinterest, Pixabay, Pexels)