If you’re the type that enjoys knocking back a glass (or bottle) of wine on the daily and have Napa Valley on your “to-do” list, your wedding reception is a great place to share your love for vino. And the best part about offering wine options at your wedding? The research! Whether with your caterer or at a wine bar, you’ll want to sample all your selections pre-wedding.
When choosing wedding wines, you’ll want to select choices that pair well with your menu and the season. Offer at least one red and one white wine option so guests can choose their preference. Here are just a few “classic” selections to consider:
1. Sauvignon Blanc: This white wine pairs well with many foods and can be served year-round.
2. Pinot Noir: Like Sauvignon Blanc, this red wine can be served regardless of the season and is lighter in body and less fruity than a chardonnay or merlot.
3. Dry Rosé: This option is a great neutral choice that complements seafood menu options such as salmon and international cuisine.
4. Pinot Grigio: This white wine classic is light and refreshing and goes well with a variety of foods.
5. Malbec: This red wine is super popular and pairs well with entrees like chicken.
6. Champagne or Prosecco: As the official drink of celebrations, a sparkling wine is a must for wine aficionados.
Helpful tip: Make notes in a notebook or on a smartphone of the specific brands and types of wine you like leading up to your wedding.
with love & style from: Sandy D. (bridal blogger extraordinaire)
(photos from Pixabay, Pexels)