One of the first major (and fun!) wedding tasks you can cross off your list is your engagement photos. This is your chance to capture frame-worthy photos of you and your fiancé for your save-the-dates, wedding website, wedding decor and—why not?—profile photos.
Depending on your timeline, you may have your pick of season when it comes to your engagement photos. If you want to capture budding blooms, maybe spring is your thing. If you’re worried about the weather, summer may be your best bet. Fall has become a popular engagement photo season with the changing colors, and winter is a great season to capture some unique snow-and-fur-laden shots. If you’re looking for some creative engagement photo inspiration, here are some ideas that work for any season:
* Showcase a shared activity: Is there something you love to do together as a couple? Maybe you’re both into yoga, horse-riding, travel or backpacking. Incorporating your shared loves and hobbies in your photos shows what makes your relationship unique, and strays from the typical engagement shots.
* Tell a story through a theme: Many quirky couples are opting for themed photo shoots (i.e., based on favorite shows like Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead or Mad Men). A shared interest in a book, movie or TV show might make for a delightfully entertaining themed photo spread.
* Highlight a favorite spot: If you have a place you both love to visit, include it on your engagement photo locations list. For example, if you love hiking you may want to pose in a local park, or if you love the water you might want a beach or lake-themed shoot. If you really want to go big, you can film at a favorite travel destination (like Lake Tahoe, New York City or Disneyland).
* Go vintage: Different time periods have a certain air of romance about them, whether that be the roaring ‘20s, retro 1950s, free-spirited 1970s, or beyond. Have a little fun (and get in a romantic mood!) with your engagement photos by playing dress-up to another era.
* Add some fun visual flair: An easy way to liven up your engagement photos and add interest is by layering your photos with items. A romantic kiss among confetti, paint, glitter, bubbles or balloons catches more attention than one among a typical backdrop.
with love & style from: Sandy D. (bridal blogger extraordinaire)
(photos from Pixabay, Pexels)